Monday, May 5, 2014

Movie-Screen Motherhood & Facebook Statuses

I'm not gonna lie.

If you are stopping by here to read my story, of motherhood, of the writing life, of whatever....I can only assume that you are related to me.

Or that you can relate to me.

And I mean no offense either way. But let's face it...my own story is not one that will make the movie screen.

I used to wish that it would.  That mamas everywhere would be just so interested in my motherhood story that they invite me to come, expenses paid, to visit with their group and want to buy my book.

And not to say that I wouldn't have a story to share in public or a book to sell....but I am a REAL mama.

I have REAL kids.

And our lives, as they are now, are not going to end up on a movie screen or some best-selling story. Not to say that they couldn't.  But that isn't our goal.


Allow me here...to transition this post to facebook statuses....

I have recently been "nominated" on FB to share my favorite bible verse...and why...twice.

So I did.  I picked a new one each time.  Not because I am wishy-washy in this type of thing....but it is honestly hard to pick a favorite bible verse for me.

That is only because I have had seasons of life where one just "fits."

But for the sake of the now and this post...I shared Matthew 25:40:

I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.

And I shared Psalm 107:2a:
Let the redeemed of the Lord say this....


 
Both verses speak to me.  In the same way that God sometimes uses nature to speak to some, or another person to speak to another....I'm not one to judge that sort of thing.

But God speaks to me through "story."

And these two verses remind me to share my story.  (Let the redeemed of the Lord "share their story")  And not in a way that means movie screens and manuscripts.  But for the ONES (whatever you did for "one....")

My story is Motherhood.  And I'm proud of that story.  God gave me this story.  And it isn't an easy one.

But I'm eternally grateful for the storyline. 

I supposed, as a writer, I am trained to look at each storyline differently.  And as a mama...that is the way it is supposed to be.

Each day is a new page to write on.

And each child has their own "book."

It is a privilege to be called to contribute to each page of each child, no matter how insignificant any particular page may appear at first. 

But I am getting to that stage of motherhood where all of those diaper changes, laundry issues, and chicken nugget lunches just feel different.

These are not the movie-screen-things you typically see in the life of "motherhood."

But they are real.

Real. Life.

And it does lead to somewhere.

That's why I love the bible verses I shared, I guess.

Can I rant in italics?

So my calling in life
thus far
to take care
and diaper, feed, raise you
to pray over and for you
to help you to find your own purpose.....


....has been my purpose.

I love my purpose.

But I know that my purpose will never actually
get me farther in the world
as far as profiting from it
in word
money
or byline recognition
(which is where I'm at right now)
.

But that is okay.
Because it doesn't matter to me if I 
"help"
anyone else 
if I cannot use my own storyline to 
be there for my own kids.


And 
to tell my own kids
that if their own 
"lines in a story"
that fill their own blank pages
doesn't sound interesting

Or
if the blank pages 
that are yours to fill
would be anything less that the
STORY
that you want to write
with your life

YOU
ARE
THE 
EDITOR

Storylines may change.
But you
fill the blank pages.

And
I
get to be a character 
in your story.

An honor.
A credit.
But not the storyline for you.....


....
...just me.

I really need to edit this post to make sure that it includes my kids that aren't really my kids.  I know that I am not qualified to be the "mama" character in your own stories.  But I am right there in your stories and I pray for you. I support you in ways that are unseen.  

And I will continue to do that.  

Because you deserve it and I am called to it.

YOU
TOO
are a part of 
my story

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Robin, for sharing your fave verses..and your story. Life is a wonderful story...

    ReplyDelete