Monday, June 22, 2015

Sticky-Note Prayer: Answered

A couple of years ago, I started this thing with the kids where I would write a prayer for them on a sticky note and stick it on their bedroom door. Usually it was a bible verse that I was praying for them.

For the most part, it seemed they went sort of ignored.

But I knew it was appreciated, or at least noticed, about a year ago when I was the recipient of a sweet, sticky-note prayer from Marisa.

I had just been notified that a story I wrote, which made the first couple of rounds of acceptance, was cut just before the book went to print.

And I walked in to my room to find this sticky-note-prayer on my desk:


"Galatians 6:9
Dear God,
Please be with mom and give her strength. Remind her that you have a plan. Make sure that she doesn't give up. Amen.
Love you mama
Love, Marzy


If you are wondering, Galatians 6:9 reads "Let us not grow weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."

Thank you for praying for me, baby girl. I didn't give up. And God answered your sticky-note prayer.

In two months, I will be published in Chicken Soup for the Soul: Volunteering and Giving Back.

It's not just a dream come true for me, but a specific prayer request answered. 

A prayer that was sharpied on a post-it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment